Yoga and Other Blog Mentions
Jan 14 2008
I’m making some progress on my personal 2008 goals. I signed up for yoga and have lost between .5 and 1 pound. Regarding my business goals, I’m still working on the executive summary, financial projections, visuals, and finding an attorney in order to raise funds. If all goes well documents will be substantially ready by end of next week, and I’ll be well on my way to finding the perfect lawyer…if that’s even possible.
Posting will be light over the next few weeks so in the meantime please check out the Work It, Mom! interview of me where they asked me the following questions:
- What inspired you to become an entrepreneur?
- You’ve written that you and the other founder of your first company were “washed out.” How did you recover from that? Was it hard to jump back into the entrepreneurial game after that experience?
- Many women entrepreneurs have mentioned that they felt they were not taken as seriously as businesswomen once people knew their companies were geared toward mothers. Has this been your experience?
- What lessons from your first company are you applying to your second?
- What’s most challenging part of your working-mom juggle?
- What advice would you give a working mom who is trying to start her own company? What pitfalls would you tell her to avoid?
- You have a great general attitude — what motivates you besides, well, creating a super-successful company?
Then pop on over to Thom Singer’s Some Assembly Required blog and check out my guest post on Building your e-Network where I expand on the following tips:
- Do what you say you will do when you say you will do it.
- When someone reaches out to you for help, answer them.
- Build and foster trust by being consistent.