Some Valentine’s Day Thoughts
Feb 14 2012
I’ve always found Valentine’s Day to be an unusual day. Such significance placed on a day when really the 364 (or 365 in this leap year) other days of the year are what really constitute love and endurance. My thoughts on this day are generally too philosophical to share easily so here are some random thoughts:
- Chocolate covered strawberries (well chocolate covered almost anything) are yummy.
- Money comes and goes. Apparently so does love.
- “Sometimes one smile means more than a dozen roses” – on the wrapper of one of the Dove chocolate squares (given to me by my best friend for my birthday) my kids and I melted in a small pot before dipping strawberries & mandarin oranges in it.
- Love shows up in the strangest and sometimes most unexpected of places and people.
- My kids are my best valentine’s “dates” ever, and they are showing me how to dance the “shuffle dance.”
- My son showed me that you can search Wikipedia in different languages.
- My daughter’s smile and laugh melt my heart.
- Google’s Valentine’s Day home page video (you tube link; embedded below) is so simple and true. People fall in love when someone quits giving you stuff you don’t want or need and “connects” with who you are and what you enjoy.
Happy Valentine’s Day!Author: Aruni | Filed under: holiday, Just For Fun, parenting | Tags: chocolate covered strawberries, shuffle dance, valentine's day | 2 Comments »